22 July 2011

Beliefs or Not?


If we simply describe the word “Religion” we just think it is a beliefs and traditions usually established upon by a group of people. Ever since the world began, man has established a natural preference towards faith and worship of something he considered superior/difficult to know. This resulted in performing rituals and keeping traditions or laws to earn righteousness and/or eternal life.

The touchstone of religion in Christianity has at all times stressed that it is a personal relationship with God .In the book of Genesis, God created Adam and Eve, He walked with them in the Garden of Eden, in the cool of the day, and enjoyed their fellowship. A close, personal, and fulfilling relationship with the creator God, it was Religion, and still is.

Down during the ages men have dedicated their whole life to enjoying this personal relationship with God who loves the fellowship of human beings. In 2 Chronicles 20:7 and James 2:23. Genesis 18:17, Abraham was called the ‘friend of God’ -- “Then the Lord said,” Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?’” In Exodus 33:11 says, “The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.” David is called a man after God’s own heart in 1 Samuel 13:14 and Acts 13:22.
According to Blaise Pascal (a French Mathematician, Philosopher, and Physicist 1623-1662), he said, “There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the creator, made known through Jesus.”

Christianity is more than a religion; it is a relationship with Jesus Christ. John 15:9 says, “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now continue in my love.” John 15:15, “I have called you friends.” John 17:24, “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am.” John 15:13, “Greater love has no one than this that he lay down his life for his friends.” In John 10, Jesus makes some statements representing His deep love for us -- “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. I know my sheep and my sheep know me -- and I lay down my life for the sheep.”

Jesus summarized the true meaning of religion in Matthew 22:37-40, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with your entire mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.”



source: http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=image+relationship+with+God&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=906&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=PNRETvPFH-7omAW0rMCDBw&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQsAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment