24 September 2011

Famous People Quotes on Religion

Religious people love quoting stuff. Here are some good quotes from famous people.

Abraham Lincoln, American president (1809-1865)."The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." 
"My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures have become clearer and stronger with advancing years, and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them." 
Thomas Edison, American inventor (1847-1931)."Religion is all bunk."
"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God."
Albert Einstein, German born American threoretical physicist (1879-1955)."It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly.""A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

source: www.experienceproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment